Business Development Warehousing
Full time Posted On 10.04.2016 Employer
The Business Development Manager Warehousing, is responsible for seeking new opportunities within the Maritime Sector to compliment and grow the operations of our bonded/in-transit warehouse, to ensure that strategic goals and targets set out in the Business Plan are achieved (Revenue and PBT targets). The new lines of business can include, but are not limited to Containerized/ Liner business, Airfreight Service and Customs brokerage services.
- Identifies and develops strategic relationships with International Freight Forwarding partners or key account customers.
- Manages the marketing, sales and product development teams to implement and execute potential business development initiatives.
- Plays a significant role in long-term and strategic planning, including initiatives geared towards increased sales, operational excellence, new business development and increased profitability.
- Provides weekly updates and monthly summary report to the MD, the Board of Directors and Sector Head.
- Ensures the success of these new ventures and position the organization in new areas where positive PBT can be derived.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for any investment planning and implementation. This includes the evaluation of different projects in order to determine which projects support the vision of the Company and are worth pursuing.
- Makes recommendations for improvement of the systems, processes and policies in support of effective reporting, information flow and management business process and organizational planning.
- Prepares the department annual budgets for strategic planning to complete company’s strategic Corporate Plan Report, for submission to the Group’s Board of Directors
- Participates in the preparation of the Company’s annual budget and Strategic Plans
- Attends and actively participates in the monthly meeting of the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in industry and monitor our competitors to determine new business opportunities.
- Performs any other related duties as required by the position.
- Reports directly to the Managing Director
- Liaises internally with Directors, Senior Management, and HR.
- Ports, Customs, Foreign principals, Government Ministries
Business-Strategic Management : Business Analysis-Research, Business Unit Management, General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, Strategic Planning-Intelligence
Logistics-Transportation : General-Other: Logistics-Transportation, Shipping and Receiving-Warehousing
Project-Program Management : Project Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Sc. in Management, Business Administration or equivalent technical qualifications.
- Qualifications in the Maritime Sector, would be an asset
- At least 10 years’ experience at a Senior Managerial level, preferably in a
- Logistics and In-transit Warehousing environment
- Proven track record in Business Development or Marketing
- Sound knowledge of Customs Laws/ act as it relates to operations of In- transit Bonded warehouse
How to Dress for an Interview
So you've got an interview for the job you are praying to get, what now? As the saying goes, first impressions last, so choosing the perfect interview ou…Read More