Full time Posted On 10.31.2016 Expire On 01.31.2017 Employer
Job Title: Restaurant/Floor Manager
Job Summary: Manages the smooth and efficient running of the front of the house
- Supervise and participate in dining area cleaning activities.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding food service.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Recommend measures for improving work procedures and worker performance to increase service quality and enhance job safety.
- Perform personnel actions, such as hiring and firing staff, providing employee orientation and training, and conducting supervisory activities, such as creating work schedules or organizing employee time sheets.
- Analyze operational problems, such as theft and wastage, and establish procedures to alleviate these problems.
- Record production, operational, and personnel data on specified forms.
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and arrange for repairs.
- Perform various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll.
- Purchase or requisition supplies and equipment needed to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.
- Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe.
- Forecast staff, equipment, and supply requirements based on a master menu.
- Evaluate new products for usefulness and suitability.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Conduct meetings and collaborate with other personnel to plan menus, serving arrangements, and related details.
- Present bills and accept payments.
- Greet and seat guests, and present menus and wine lists.
- Develop departmental objectives, budgets, policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Schedule parties and take reservations.
Accounting-Finance : General-Other: Accounting-Finance
Business-Strategic Management : Business Unit Management, General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, Store-Branch Management
Customer Support : General-Other: Customer Support-Client Care, Retail Customer Service
Food Services-Hospitality : General-Other: Food Services, Restaurant Management
- At least five (5) CXC O'levels including Mathematics and English
- At least 5+ years in management in a restaurant setting
How to Dress for an Interview
So you've got an interview for the job you are praying to get, what now? As the saying goes, first impressions last, so choosing the perfect interview ou…Read More