Permanent Full Time Posted On 12.29.2016 Expire On 01.20.2017 Employer
- Develop and execute assigned category strategy to drive growth in the market and maximize profitability.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for continuous improvement opportunities and execute tactics in support of short and long term strategies that drive profit growth for the category.
- Assist Brand Managers in the development and implementation of product and market positioning strategies incorporating consideration for pricing, product development, manufacturing capabilities and promotional considerations.
- Formulate Category Business Plan and implement tactics for product assortment, pricing, promotion, planograms, advertising, and logistics to maximize sales and profitability.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to create synergies between/among products within overall category to drive brand growth.
- Become the category expert and consistently analyse and interpret selection to ensure products are performing well and earning their space and ROI. Review selection for non-performers and replacements.
- Interpret category sales, procurement, product trends as well as internal/external data to secure and develop the right products and lead category growth. This includes new business development – identifying market opportunities, gaps, assessing suppliers, recommendation of brands and development and execution of launch plans.
- Assist Brand Managers in the development of Key Account Plans in conjunction with Channel and Sales Management.
- Set and achieve distribution objectives for category with regular reports on achievement. To be reported on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the development of Plano-grams and training of merchandising team to ensure proper product placement, POP distribution, shelf share and pricing. Focus on portfolio optimization for key accounts and listing of priority SKUs in stores. To be monitored by consistent visits to the trade.
- Develop strong vendor partnerships to review category opportunities and negotiate to achieve best cost of goods in concert with aggressive product and marketing dollars to support marketing programs.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with all category brand principals, keeping them current on product performance and market trends.
- Perform market audits on assigned product portfolio – market analysis, competition, pricing and conduct feasibility studies for new product introductions. To be done on a monthly basis for Trinidad and quarterly for Tobago.
- Monitor and oversee stock levels for brands within the category and ensure SMS is actioned in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as required by job function.
- Have at least 4-5 years of proven Brand Management experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Management or Marketing OR at least four (6) years of relevant training and experience.
- Be customer focused, possess excellent interpersonal skills and be capable of working in a highly competitive environment.
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft office suite of products.
How to Dress for an Interview
So you've got an interview for the job you are praying to get, what now? As the saying goes, first impressions last, so choosing the perfect interview ou…Read More