Port-Of-Spain or Newtown, North West Undisclosed Permanent Full Time Posted On 01.03.2017 Expire On 01.31.2017 Employer
To provide high-level administrative support to the Managing Director by managing his/her appointment schedule, preparing correspondence, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements and timelines, conducting research and handling information requests. In addition, maintaining an optimum stock level of office supplies and ensuring the upkeep of the general office area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently maintains the Managing Director’s appointment schedule and ensures that there are no clashes in the agenda.
- Ensures that the management team complies with set reporting requirements and timelines.
- Organize and drive engagement initiatives and arrange/coordinate meetings and events as directed.
- Assist in organizing retreats that are designed to determine strategy.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including mail and faxes daily.
- Prepare and distribute the monthly Board Package at least five (5) working days before the meeting.
- Record and prepare board minutes and distribute for reading and changes no later than 72 hours after the meeting.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Conduct research, collect and analyse data to prepare reports and documents as instructed.
- Ensure that the general office area and boardrooms are kept in good repair and coordinate repairs as required.
- Purchase and maintain tea supplies, stationery and toiletries on a monthly basis.
- Compile stationery request and distribute to all departments monthly.
- Make travel arrangements and hotel reservations for incoming vessel representatives.
- Arrange medical attention with the relevant medical institutions for vessel staff as requested.
- Prepare commissions, union dues, travel allowances, overtime, holiday leave savings and other earnings for the Payroll Department monthly.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the function.
Alstons Shipping & Travel Limited
Administrative-Clerical : Administrative Support, Executive Support, Office Management, Secretary-Executive Assistant
Human Resources : Payroll and Benefits Administration
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Computer Literate with in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience providing support at the executive level
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong analytical and decision-making capability
- Attention to detail and accuracy
How to Dress for an Interview
So you've got an interview for the job you are praying to get, what now? As the saying goes, first impressions last, so choosing the perfect interview ou…Read More