Guayaguayare or Galeota, South East Full time Posted On 01.10.2017 Expire On 01.25.2017 Employer
The incumbent is responsible for securing components together to ensure accurate welds that do not change the measurements of the component and will be able to withstand various types of stress as per D1.1 structural code
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lays out, fits, and welds fabricated, cast, and forged components to assemble structural forms according to blueprints
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly applying knowledge of physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and techniques.
- Lay out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas equipment.
- Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repair units by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press, and hand tools
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes, and increase size of metal parts
- Fitting together components of fabricated metal products prior to welding
- Weld metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using brazing and a variety of arc, Flux Core, MIG, TIG and Gas Welding Equipment
- Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting, Gouging and grinding
- Ensure that all Equipment calibration are current and serviced frequently
- Maintain Log of on-going and completed Jobs
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the Maintenance Coordinator and/or Operations Team Leader.
HSSE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct work in a safe manner complying with the company’s policies, standards and procedures.
- Report all incidents immediately to their supervisor.
- Participate in HSSE meetings, toolbox talks and all HSSE initiatives of the company
- Identify and report all unsafe acts and conditions present in their operations.
- Understands the right to stop work, the work of other employees or the work of third party employees where there is unacceptable risk.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s HSSE Policy.
Building Construction : General-Other: Construction-Skilled Trades, Ironwork-Metal Fabrication
Installation-Maintenance-Repair : Facilities Management-Maintenance, General-Other: Installation-Maintenance-Repair
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Secondary School Certificate of Attendance.
- Successful completion of 6G Welding Position examination
- One year of job related experience or successful completion of the company’s OJT program
- A Police certificate of character.
- Strong Teamwork skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Motor skills adequate to operate equipment.
- Ability to read, write, perform simple calculations and read a measuring tape.
- Ability to use a level and square
How to Dress for an Interview
So you've got an interview for the job you are praying to get, what now? As the saying goes, first impressions last, so choosing the perfect interview ou…Read More