Guayaguayare or Galeota, South East Full time Posted On 01.10.2017 Expire On 01.25.2017 Employer
The incumbent is responsible for assisting the welders in securing components together to ensure accurate welds that do not change the measurements of the component and will be able to withstand various types of Stress as per D1.1 structural code.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in securing components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Assist in the selection appropriate equipment and plan the layout and assembly of a welding process.
- Assist in securing of parts in position for welding.
- Assist in the preparation of material for welding by cutting or grinding using pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder.
- Set material in stands, racks, hoists, etc. for welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc or gas welding equipment.
- Assist in the repairing of products by dismantling, straightening and reshaping.
- Reassemble parts using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- Assist Welder
- Responsible for cleaning tools and work space before and after task
- Ensure that a fire Extinguisher/s is always in close proximity or work space
- Maintain a log of all completed and on-going jobs
- Touch paint all reworked areas/ jobs
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the Coded Welder and/or Maintenance Coordinator
HSSE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct work in a safe manner complying with the company’s policies, standards and procedures.
- Report all incidents immediately to their supervisor.
- Participate in HSSE meetings, toolbox talks and all HSSE initiatives of the company
- Identify and report all unsafe acts and conditions present in their operations.
- Understands the right to stop work, the work of other employees or the work of third party employees where there is unacceptable risk.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s HSSE Policy.
Building Construction : General-Other: Construction-Skilled Trades, Ironwork-Metal Fabrication
Installation-Maintenance-Repair : Equipment Install-Maintain-Repair, Facilities Management-Maintenance, General-Other: Installation-Maintenance-Repair
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Secondary School Certificate of Attendance.
- Successful completion of 3G Welding Position examination
- One year of job related experience or successful completion of the company’s OJT program
- A Police certificate of character.
- Strong Teamwork skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Motor skills adequate to operate equipment.
- Ability to read, write, perform simple calculations and read a measuring tape.
- Ability to use a level and square
How to Dress for an Interview
So you've got an interview for the job you are praying to get, what now? As the saying goes, first impressions last, so choosing the perfect interview ou…Read More