Division Manager/ Director
Full time Posted On 01.11.2017 Expire On 02.12.2017 Employer
Responsible for the overall strategic direction of the Division, with regard to the planning, development and implementation of marketing plans and programs in areas such as market research, sales, pricing, advertising and public relations, and the portfolio mix
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a vision for the business area that would position the division in such a way that it reflects the Group priorities and its growth objectives.
- Direct the implementation of strategies, goals, policies, procedures and work standards for the division.
- Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services are being provided efficiently and effectively; take corrective action as necessary;
- Grow the business faster than the average market, increase the market share and consolidate business profit.
- Provide strategic direction for key marketing campaigns and provide general marketing knowledge in the areas of branding, content creation, product marketing, and customer and competitive analysis.
- Ensure new products/projects are launched within the agreed time frame.
- Maintain existing client base and build strong customer relations and develop and maintain sound relationships with the supplier network, while developing strategies in the form of business plans for each market jointly.
- Personally handle the most difficult, sensitive or controversial projects for the division.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and transparency in issue management matters and co-operate closely with other Divisions, taking wider implications into account.
- Develop and monitor the division’s budget; oversees financial well-being of the division by analyzing cost effectiveness and directing cost control activities; prepare, submit and justify budget enhancement requests.
- Plan, organize, administer, review and evaluate the work of subordinate professional, office support and operational staff through subordinate levels of supervision.
- Provide for the selection, training, professional development and work evaluation of subordinate staff; make recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline as required.
- Adhere to legislation, respect company policies, principles, values, and behaviour in business guidelines, and protect all Company assets
- Maintain high level of expertise, keeping abreast of new concepts and products within the food service and industry.
- Create strong, competitive intelligence awareness in the Division.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
Progressive Recruitment Specialists
Business-Strategic Management : Business Analysis-Research, Business Unit Management, General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, Managerial Consulting, Strategic Planning-Intelligence
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree (preferably marketing or management related)
- Postgraduate degree (MBA)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- At least 8 -10 years progressive experience in management within a distribution company.
How to Dress for an Interview
So you've got an interview for the job you are praying to get, what now? As the saying goes, first impressions last, so choosing the perfect interview ou…Read More