Build a sense of mission and purpose
- Explore with staff the reason for the team’s existence.
- Ensure the needs of internal and external stakeholders are met.
- Identify the core business activity.
Plan SMART goals
- Develop work plan goals that are SMART – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time bound.
Define how you will operate
- Include statements/behaviours reflecting how members will conduct their business in the team.
- Develop a code of conduct and safe environment, guidelines for meetings, conflict resolution, workload distribution, internal and external communications, and decision making.
- Each team member should sign the team charter to commit to the items agreed by the team.
This business tip is sponsored by BPD Associates Limited, a JobsTT partner. If you want support in developing yourself and/or your team on this topic, please visit www.bpdassociates.com.