The Accounting Officer assists with the preparation and recording of the organization's accounting transactions.Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Processes accounting entries for transactions as it relates to the Group Companies investments and liabilities.
- Processing of interest receipts and distribution on all transactions and updating schedules with relevant entries.
- Preparation of Daily Reconciliations of Foreign Bank Accounts.
- Maintenance of Assets and Liabilities schedules and reconciliation against General Ledger.
- Preparation of documents for distribution to clients.
- Maintenance of filing of documentation as it relates to the accounting support function.
- Checking and verifying cash transactions; and also investigates and proposes possible resolution for any discrepancies.
- Generate cheques for company general expenses.
- Update client accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of agreements/contracts, disbursements and post- management activities.
- Ensures that the accounting function is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Perform other related duties, reviews or tasks requested by Management.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of ACCA Level One
- Excellent computer skills (Minimum MS Word and MS Excel)