Build a productive working environment
- Ensure team members have the skills and resources they need.
- Provide a comfortable working environment.
- Spend time outside of the office – team away days, dinners, lunches to create a deeper bond with each other.
Provide clear, compelling team goals
- Develop a team charter – include ground rules, team mission statement, desired team behaviours, core values, and guidelines for meetings, workload distribution and communications.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clear.
- Make sure all team members are aware of the objectives and how the team will reach them.
Deliver appreciation for teamwork
- Give the team space to make mistakes and grow – applaud for the effort they put in.
- Celebrate when the team achieves a milestone.
- Balance team and individual praise.
This business tip is sponsored by BPD Associates Limited, a JobsTT partner. If you want support in developing yourself and/or your team on this topic, please visit www.bpdassociates.com.