Build upon a business need
- Create urgency. Identify opportunities to be exploited and also potential threats .
- Develop scenarios, showing what could happen in the future.
- Request support and commitment from clients, outside stakeholders and industry people.
Promote the desire and connection
- Create a Vision for Change with your team.
- Ensure your company’s management team is on board. Kotter suggests that for change to be successful, 75% of a company’s management needs to “buy into” the change.
- Create a change team by identifying/hiring change leaders whose main roles are to facilitate the change.
Drive communication and improvement
- Take action to quickly remove barriers (human or otherwise).
- Create short-term wins. Talk about progress every chance you get. Tell success stories, recognise and reward people for making change happen.
- After every win, analyse what went right, and what needs improvement.
This business tip is sponsored by BPD Associates Limited, a JobsTT partner. If you want support in developing yourself and/or your team on this topic, please visit www.bpdassociates.com.