Be honest and transparent
- Share accurate and timely information even if it highlights your mistakes (it’s ok, you’re only human).
- Tell the truth with tact by providing constructive feedback and leaving the recipient empowered to act.
- Always communicate the contribution others have made so as to not take credit for other people’s work
- Do what you say and say what you do.
- Lead by example i.e. role model the ‘right’ behaviour.
- Be reliable, ethical and operate with integrity.
Demonstrate genuine care and concern
- Listen and consider others’ points of view with an open mind.
- Seek first to understand, and then to be understood.
- Aim for the best outcome for your colleagues, clients i.e. avoid me, me, me and promote we, we, we.
This business tip is sponsored by BPD Associates Limited, a JobsTT partner. If you want support in developing yourself and/or your team on this topic, please visit www.bpdassociates.com.