Be sure the meeting is positioned correctly
- Circulate the purpose, the agenda and the desired outcomes of the meeting and the meeting inputs before the meeting.
- Ensure you have the right attendees.
- Ensure the attendees understand why they have been asked to attend.
Practice using DADA to drive the meeting
- Data – ensure accurate and timely data is used.
- Analysis – review the data and understand the trends, gaps etc.
- Decision – decide on what the data is telling you and what gaps need to be closed.
- Action – decide on the specific actions to be taken to increase performance and record on the action log.
Do record the actions for ease of tracking and follow up
- On the action log record the specific task to be undertaken, ask who will take the action, record their name next to the action.
- Ensure each person who takes an action item states the due date for completion.
- Follow up with each person who has an action mid-way between meetings, to check progress made.
This business tip is sponsored by BPD Associates Limited, a JobsTT partner. If you want support in developing yourself and/or your team on this topic, please visit www.bpdassociates.com.